7 Reasons to Take The Road Less Traveled
By Juliana Breines Ph.D, 04/30/2016
We’re encouraged to follow our dreams, but not all dreams are created equal. Sometimes living the life we want to live means making choices that go against the expectations of our families, communities, or cultures—and facing stigma, isolation, and uncertainty as a result. But taking the road less traveled has many advantages. Here are seven of them.
1. Less fear of failure. While nothing in life is risk-free, some paths have clearer roadmaps than others. Carving a new path tends to involve a lot of trial and error, which can also mean a greater potential for failure. But experiencing failure more often can help us change our relationship to it, viewing it as a learning opportunity rather than a diagnosis of our ability. This growth mindset can, in turn, make success more likely.
2. Thicker skin. Facing judgment and disapproval for our choices can be painful. But over time it becomes clear that others’ judgment often has more to do with their own fears and insecurities than our shortcomings. They might feel betrayed, confused, or even envious. Seeing things from this angle can help us take hurtful comments less personally and increase our empathy.
3. More tolerance of differences. There are certainly times when the road less traveled is an insular one that promotes a sense of superiority and intolerance. But more often than not, those who have gone against the grain recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to happiness and there are many different ways to lead a fulfilling and moral life.
4. Unexpected community. Taking a different path than the majority of one’s peers can be lonely at times, but it can also open up new possibilities for connection. For example, even though writer Cheryl Strayed set out to hike the Pacific Crest Trail on her own, as documented in her memoir, Wild, she found community with other hikers and with the wilderness itself, saying, “the wilderness had a clarity that included me.”
5. Freedom to be who we are. There’s nothing inherently inauthentic about a conventional lifestyle, but it’s not for everyone. When we find ourselves living lives that don’t align with who we are, we suffer psychologically—research suggests that authentic self-expression is a vital component of well-being, even when it sets us apart from others. We’re better off losing some friends if it means we can be ourselves.
6. The opportunity to create our own meaning. There are no shortage of opinions about what should make life meaningful. Some argue that life doesn’t have meaning until one gets married or has kids, while others place value on professional success. But meaning is a deeply personal, subjective experience. Research suggests that the types of experiences that give people a sense of meaning—like kindness or overcoming adversity—are not tied to specific cultural beliefs or practices.
7. Inspiration for others. When we embrace alternative life paths, we help make those paths more acceptable—and accessible—for others. For example, one study found that gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals reported being more comfortable coming out and taking pride in their identity in part as a result of exposure to positive role models in the media, like Ellen DeGeneres. Even if we’re not on TV, we can positively influence those around us just by embracing who we are.
There’s certainly no shame in taking the well-traveled road, but if you’re looking for something more, there are plenty of other roads to explore, and plenty of good reasons to explore them.
Commentary from The First Contact Ground Crew 5dSpiritual Healing Team:
We are realizing that the energies are really intense NOW. Most of the Wavers are struggling with 3d illusion conditioning (social, cultural, institutional and mind programming). When you’re feeling blockage, ready to give up, understand your status as an Ascension Waver (1st, 2nd or 3rd) and be completely free of 3d illusion conditioning (social, cultural, institutional and mind programming), we can help you in your Awareness and will give you the tools and techniques to assist you Home Into The Light. We The First Contact Ground Crew are preparing everyone for a Full Planetary Ascension which has been Underway since the End of September and will spiral this year in March and Another in August. Allow us to ReHeart you that this is The Great Awakening for ALL of Humanity. One must awaken first before they can Ascend. Trusting this process is KEY, which means fully trusting and surrendering to LOVE and the Divine Plan in every moment. This is why We Will Help you to Get Ready and can Assist You into Awakening into 5d Reality, where your experience is One of Constant Joy, Wholeness of Being, Whole Health, Balanced Harmonics, Happiness and Abundance. Lets DO THIS! Together We Got This! Schedule an Amazing Awakening Session with Mother & Father of All Creation. Below by following the Link! We are Here in The Highest Love, Honor, and Respect to Be Humanity's Representatives of The New Paradigm of True Freedom, Abundance, True Equality, A Completely Balanced Being and a Completely Benevolent Society! This is our Destiny as The Old illusion of power over and dysfunction dissolve. Allow us to be of service to You. "LOVE" has said "ALL POSSIBILITIES EXIST IN UNLIMITED THOUGHT, All possibilities of the HIGHEST Outcome for the GREATER GOOD Of ALL only exist IN THE PRESENT MOMENT OF NOW” ~For All the Details you can Follow this Link: http://www.lovehaswon.org/awaken-to-5d
Connect with MotherGod~Mother of All Creation on Skype @ mothergoddess8
LOVE US @ https://www.facebook.com/lovehaswon/
We are a Donation based service for the Planetary Ascension. Thank you for showing your support and keeping our website and Love Energies moving forward! Thanks for supporting your family of light in their time of need to fulfill mission
Below is our fund raising information
Visit Our Store:
For a free copy of our book (The Tree of Life) visit the link below